Thursday, 31 January 2019

EXPERIMENT ABOUT PLANTS

During their Natural Sciences classes, the Third graders made an interesting experiment about growing plants.











Remember the steps of the Scientific Method:

Steps of the Scientific Method
We ask the question:  Can plants grow without soil?

Materials
  • Transparent glass cups (pots) labelled
  • Some seeds
  • Soil, sand and cotton wool
  • Plant worksheet
  1. Put soil in pot  number 1; sand in pot number 2; and cotton wool in pot number 3. Pot number 4 is empty.


      2.  Plant the same number of seeds in each pot. Leave the pots next to the window.

  1. What’s going to happen? Draw your prediction for each pot.
  1. Observe and water the plants for two weeks. Record your results.

  1. Write your conclusions.
The tallest shoot is…
Seeds grow best in…
The plant with the most shoots is…
Seeds can/can’t grow in…

3 comments:

  1. I LIKE EXPERIMENTS VERY MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE EXPERIMENTS AND PLANTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LIKE EXPERIMENTS VERY VERY MUCH. MY NAME IS ANGELA

    ReplyDelete